The conference theme is Environmental Conservation, Sustainability, and Equity. This includes any research: Social, economic, environmental, or beyond. The conference is multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary.
Who should attend?
Join individuals from universities and other academic/non-academic institutes from all across the world to talk about the research and projects you are doing to advance the SDGs! Topics can relate to any of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and can take any disciplinary lens. The students involved will be drawn from undergraduate, Masters, and PhD studies.
We have participants attending from across five continents! Please keep in mind the difference in time zones. Please use this link to find the time in your local time zone and add it to your calender.
How will the conference run?
It will run via Blackboard and Padlet. We will send you all the links you need to access these in the program. The conference program will be emailed to you ahead of the conference.
- The conference will start with housekeeping and a discursive plenary.
- Participants will then move between small concurrent poster and talk sessions linked to particular SDGs. These will be moderated by academics and senior students. The conference environment will be supportive, inclusive, and dynamic.
- There will be a closing plenary session.
The conference is designed to be short, to suit the virtual format, and to keep things exciting!
Meet our Plenary Speakers
Opening Plenary Session
YEAH Fellow Moderators: Macey Halgren (Indiana University) and Jaden Wrightsman (Colorado State University)
- Dr. Stuart Pimm, Doris Duke Professor of Conservation Ecology, Duke University
- Dr. Monica Romo, Amazon Environment Specialist, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Dr. Martin Frick, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Senior Policy and Programme Coordinator
Closing Plenary Session
YEAH Fellow Moderators: Kaydee Barker (Colorado State University) and Cody Sanford (Colorado State University)
- Dr. Lavell Merritt, National Park Service Legislative Affairs Specialist (Bevinetto)
- Alice Madden, JD, Executive Director of Getches-Wilkinson Center for Natural Resources, Energy, and the Environment, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Dr. Gary Machlis, Professor of Environmental Sustainability, Clemson University
Resources for Conference-Goers
How to use Padlet: you will use this for viewing posters or adding your own poster to the program if you are presenting.
How to use Blackboard Collaborate: you will use this for joining concurrent sessions and plenaries.
Here are some useful videos to help you look impressive on camera.
Examples of student work presented at COPs and YEAH virtual conference in the past